C. Comishin & Associates Inc. is well-established CPA firm located in beautiful Nelson, BC with a team of 10 employees.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join our team of accounting professionals. We offer a 37.5-hour work week, paid birthdays off, paid overtime, a competitive salary, and benefits. Our firm provides many opportunities for professional growth and a flexible and autonomous workplace culture.
Description of Duties:
We are searching for an applicant who has experience in the performance of the various work duties encountered in public practice. These duties will focus primarily on the preparation of compilation engagements, corporate tax returns and personal tax returns and, depending on the skills of the applicant, the preparation of assurance engagements and trust tax returns.
Skills of the Applicant:
- Canadian tax experience including preparation of personal and corporate tax returns and various other required filings.
- Canadian accounting experience and knowledge of financial statement preparation.
- Proficient skills in accounting and tax software, including: Caseware, Caseview, Profile, Doc-it, Simply Accounting/Sage, QuickBooks, MS Office Excel and Word; as well as reconciliation procedures and reports.
- Experience in preparation of payroll, remittances, WCB & and T4 preparation, with an understanding of taxable benefits.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing demands and priorities.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume and a cover letter stating salary expectations to: [email protected].
No phone calls or drop ins please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.